Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is currently seeking a passionate Student Leadership Manager to lead all youth engagement and leadership development for youth of all ages, including college-aged youth. This position will manage local and national youth leadership programs to meet overall organizational and program goals.
This position is responsible for leading, developing and implementing new and on-going youth leadership and engagement programs, as well as developing and implementing our new college-based leadership initiative, the Pinky Swear PACK program. Keys to success in this position will be strong relationship building and stewardship abilities, innovation, an entrepreneurial mindset, and the ability to lead, collaborate and deliver at the same time.
- Develop and drive a comprehensive Youth Leadership Engagement strategic plan, which includes expansion and growth in junior high and high schools across the country, as well as college campuses nationwide.
- Develop comprehensive and engaging curriculum for Youth Leadership Council and Pinky Swear PACK programming.
- Recruit and steward volunteer support for Youth Leadership Council volunteer leadership positions, locally and nationwide.
- Represent Pinky Swear and speak to local schools, corporate audiences, local organizations, and donors about all current and future PSF youth engagement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Digital Fundraising Manager on annual Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Plan to effectively engage youth with measurable goals in conjunction with the wider Philanthropy team. Includes both regional and national opportunities for peer fundraising.
- Develop and steward an impactful reward and recognition program for youth leaders (of all ages) locally and nationally. This includes developing tangible and intangible incentives and opportunities for recognition.
- Serve as staff lead for local and national Youth and College Leadership Council volunteer facilitators. Support and guide growth plans for additional locations.
- Serve as the staff lead to Youth Leadership Council Board Committee, as well as lead engagement and expansion, as needed, for optimal effectiveness.
- Work with marketing team to provide content and plans for innovative social media, email outreach, and recruitment/recognition campaigns.
- Work closely with wider Philanthropy team to identify possible corporate and community partners.
- Analyze database records for to provide insights, campaign ideas, and new strategies.
- Monitor and evaluate success of all activities, maintain all tracking reports.
- Provide updates to Board and major donors as appropriate.
- Be flexible and support the team as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum two years working with youth or community groups in support of a common mission
- Experience in successful youth leadership development and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building experience
- Ability to plan strategically for program growth, as well as create and execute a tactical plan
- A personal gravitas and enthusiasm for our mission
- Ability to effectively present to large and small audiences with poise and passion, grabbing hearts and minds for our mission.
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and cultivation.
- Knowledge of youth curriculum development, ranging from junior high to college-aged youth
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and timelines effectively
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem-solving acumen
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful use of digital, social media and emerging online fundraising and marketing channels
- Required to work evenings and weekends, as necessary
Pinky Swear is an equal opportunity employer. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
Reports to Director of Marketing and Strategy