Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
The Marketing Intern will work directly with the Director of Marketing to perform outreach about Pinky Swear programs, campaigns, and summer activities, with a focus on building buzz, recruiting participants, and driving fundraising for a kids triathlon and family 5K & Fun Run event series and ongoing events.
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to create and implement digital marketing and email engagement campaigns to drive successful fundraising events. This will include learning about new strategies, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast-moving, cross-functional, and highly dedicated team of Pinky Swear Foundation staff.
- Help to maintain Pinky Swear Foundation presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook and Twitter) by posting original content, starting conversations online and nurturing involvement in Pinky Swear events.
- Help develop, test and publish email marketing campaigns to drive awareness, registration and fundraising for a series of six summer events in the Twin Cities, Des Moines, Quad Cities, Omaha and Kansas City.
- Assist with other marketing duties including copywriting, website, PR, advertising and partnership marketing as necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
- Must have a passion for service and children with cancer.
- Must be an outgoing, personable and a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable with writing, proof reading, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Avid users of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Experience using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics and MyEmma is desirable.
- 30-40 hours per week from June – August 2018
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 4 and Saturday, August 18.
- A stipend of $10/hr. will be offered.
- Social media or marketing: 1 year
To apply, please submit the following to Jenny Peters, Director of Marketing, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position, how you use social media and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations