Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation has an opening for a Pantry Program Assistant. This newly created part-time position will support all aspects of the pantry operations including coordination of community pantry drives, management of food storage and volunteers to deliver/distribute food to all Pinky Swear Pantry locations (nationally), in order to meet overall organizational program goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible to work cooperatively with Pinky Swear staff, pantry contacts/liasions at location hospitals, community volunteers and partners. Key qualities of a successful candidate include an individual who is supportive, an effective listener and communicator, and detail-oriented to be able to coordinate multiple tasks and logistics to ensure all Pinky Swear Pantries are successfully stocked.
This is a part-time position at approximately 10 hours per week and will report to the Director of Programs in the Minneapolis, MN office.
Assists in the overall management and delivery of:
- Relationships with hospital pantry contacts/liasons, volunteers, Pinky Swear staff and donors of the pantry.
- Scheduling and coordination of pantry volunteers and food delivery.
- Coordinates with student groups, children’s hospitals, social workers, volunteers and Ronald McDonald House when collectiong donations for the pantry.
- Work with Sr. Partnerships Manager to coordinate corporate pantry drives.
- Assist with providing survey information from the pantries to measure outcomes of the program.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, monitor and evaluate success of the pantry program, maintain all volunteer hours, collection and survey outcomes.
- Serve as main Pinky Swear Foundation contact for volunteers and community partners, when coordinating pantry deliveries in Minnesota, Iowa and North Carolina (additional locations may be added in the future).
- rack all volunteer hours and set a schedule for deliveries.
- Ensure all pantry food donations are weighed and documented as in-kind for the pantry inventory.
- Work with the Program Director to explore the feasibility of pantry packs in other states for future growth of the pantry model.
- Provide consistency in signage/language as to the purpose of the pantry.
- Communicate with hospital partners who the food is intended for, storage availability/needs, frequency of food drop-off, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with Program Director in developing program strategies, which includes building strong/meaningful relationships with hospital pantry liasions, donors and volunteers.
- Guide and support volunteers involved in different aspects of the pantry.
- Manage PSF relationships with hospital and community contacts in current and future pantry markets.
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening in order to identify volunteer interest and commitment to being a pantry volunteer.
- Ability to be confidential and sensitive to families, following HIPPA practices.
- Competence with Microsoft Office 365 including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business and Outlook at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Organized, pays attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Handle concerns, complaints and feedback by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives in a timely manner.
- Initiates and supports long-term strategic planning for future growth of the pantry program.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Commitment to Pinky Swear Foundation’s mission of helping kids with cancer and their families.
- When requested, interact and support All-Star families who access the pantry.
- Ability to work some evenings or weekends as needed in support of the mission and needs of the organization
- Be flexible and support the overall Pinky Swear team, as needed.
- Minimum 1 year experience coordinating events/experiences for multiple families/children and partners
- Excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and/or other database systems. (Entering Volunteer Information)
Pinky Swear is an equal opportunity employer. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.