Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
The Operations Intern will work directly with the Operations Manager to perform tasks needed for gift processing and finance side of Pinky Swear. This position will help with data entry of donations and donor information, in addition to finance entry for account payable. Operations Intern will provide support to the Operations Team in order to process and receipt donations and expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
The Operation Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Qgiv Peer to Peer and QuickBooks. This will include learning about new strategies, opportunities, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast-moving, cross-functional, and highly dedicated team of Pinky Swear Foundation staff.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create new gift and constituent records in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
- Prepare and process cash, credit card, and in-kind gift batches, timely and accurately
- Input data and confirm donations for events into the Qgiv database.
- Accurately assist in entering/updating constituent biographical data into the Raiser’s Edge database, including, but not limited to: name, address, birth date, death date, personal relationships, employment
- Prepare gift acknowledgements, thank you letters, and receipts in a timely and accurate manner
- Help with data team document organization, including scanning documents, filing achieve documents
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct daily or weekly data entry for financial reporting and account payable.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work well and with a positive attitude, especially under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- 20-30 hours per week from June – August 2018
- Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- A stipend of $10/hr. will be offered.
To apply, please submit the following to Leslie Sonnen, Donor Database and Operations Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations