Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
The Marketing and Communication Intern will work directly with the Director of Marketing to support our social media efforts, including developing tactics, schedules, and executing content daily. This includes creating content and setting engagement metrics (i.e. stories, photos, posts, blogs, etc.).
The intern will also have the opportunity to create and implement digital marketing and email engagement campaigns to drive successful fundraising events. This will include supporting new strategies, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast-moving, cross-functional and highly dedicated team of Pinky Swear Foundation staff.
The intern may also support other marketing efforts for our 2018/2019 events and initiatives, with a focus on building excitement, recruiting participants and All-Star family involvement, and driving (peer) fundraising efforts.
NOTE: Telecommuting is not an available option for this internship.
- Help to maintain Pinky Swear Foundation presence on online social networking sites (primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) by posting original content, starting conversations online, and nurturing involvement in Pinky Swear events.
- Create new ways to digitally engage people at our events (gifs, photo templates/overlays, etc.)
- Develop an influencer strategy across target audiences
- Manage any informal photo or video shoots related to content creation
- Help develop, test and publish email marketing campaigns to drive awareness, registration and fundraising for various events.
- Analyze website and social media statistics
- Assist with other marketing duties including copywriting, website, PR, advertising and partnership marketing as necessary.
Skills and Abilities
- Social media or marketing: 1 year
- Completion of 2-3 years of undergraduate studies desired. Recent graduate preferred.
- Avid users of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Experience on previous online outreach desirable.
- Experience using programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Google Analytics and MyEmma desirable.
- Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- 10-15 hours per week (September 2018 – May 2019) and can be adjusted according to school schedules, if needed.
- Regular office hours are typically 9 am – 5 pm, Monday-Friday, with some occasional evening and weekend events.
- A stipend of $10/hr will be offered.
- Must have a passion for service and children with cancer.
- Must be creative, personable and a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable with writing, proof reading, and a high level of attention to detail.
To apply, please submit the following to Josh Le, Director of Marketing, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position, how you use social media and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations.
- Current resume