Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
The Management & Operations Intern will work directly with the Operations Team and indirectly with the Executive Director to support gift processing, and management tasks. This position will help with data entry of donations and donor information, and special projects related to management of the organization. He/she will help process and receipt donations in a timely and accurate manner. He/she will also support the Executive Director in strategy, management and leadership special projects.
The Management and Operations Intern will have the opportunity to learn how to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Classy Peer to Peer. This will include learning about new strategies, opportunities, tactics and tools in the process of working with a fast-moving, cross-functional, and highly dedicated team of Pinky Swear Foundation staff. There will be an opportunity to learn about leading a non-profit, including strategy and Board development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create new gift and constituent records in the Raiser’s Edge (RE) database.
- Prepare and process cash, credit card, and in-kind gift batches, timely and accurately
- Input data and confirm donations for events into the Classy database.
- Accurately assist in entering/updating constituent biographical data into the Raiser’s Edge database, including, but not limited to: name, address, birth date, personal relationships, etc.
- Prepare gift acknowledgements, thank you letters, and receipts in a timely and accurate manner
- Help with data team document organization, including scanning and filing document
- Support leadership and management operations, including updating records, calendar scheduling, and research.
- Create tools for better non-profit management, including record keeping, file organization, and tracking of goals.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision.
- Ability to work well and with a positive attitude, especially under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- 20 hours per week from June – August 2020
- Timing is flexible during regular office hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- A stipend of $10/hr. will be offered.
To apply, please submit the following to Leslie Sonnen, Donor Database and Operations Manager, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations