Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is looking to add an Event Intern for the Pinky Swear Foundation event season. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and executing requests of Pinky Swear foundation and its partner volunteers. You will coordinate partnership assets and volunteer responsibilities, which include on-site and off-site event components.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with Pinky Swear Foundation volunteers
- Execute all obligations while providing the highest level of hospitality and service in a timely manner
- Coordinate volunteer responsibilities for inside and outside Pinky Swear Foundation events
- Coordinate project development and execution
- Be involved in cross-functional meetings that yield results on event execution
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism when representing Pinky Swear Foundation, All Stars and their families and organization partners and organization volunteers
- Attend volunteer fairs, special events and other community engagement opportunities to recruit new volunteers and supporters of Pinky Swear Foundation
Skills and Abilities
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment, displays strong work ethic, and gets the job done while enjoying it along the way
- Strong and engaging written and verbal communication style with a knack for presenting ideas clearly and concisely
- An innate problem solver who can anticipate obstacles and create solutions in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and has impeccable follow through
- Demonstrates an understanding for non-profit events, business trends and consumer habits
- Embodies and reflects Pinky Swear Foundation’s collaborative-based culture and commits him/herself and team to the highest standards
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver executional excellence
- Current student with an emphasis in Marketing, Communications or Management
- Flexible schedule with ability to work nights and weekends, as the schedule requires
- 30 hours per week (June – August 2019)
- Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm, Friday 8 am to 12 pm.
- A stipend of $10/hr will be offered.
To apply, please submit the following to Tim Hyde, Development Manager, by email at email@example.com
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations