Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is seeking a Development Intern for the Summer of 2019. The Development Intern will work closely with the Director of Development and Development team to increase authentic connections with donors and members of our community with our mission to provide financial and emotional support to families with children battling cancer. We are looking for a talented young person who is passionate about helping families with kids battling cancer. This will be a fantastic opportunity to support your community and gain experience through nonprofit work.
In this role you will gain experience in donor engagement and stewardship, event planning and execution, and project management.
- Conducting research on potential donors, corporate donors, strategic partners, sponsors, and markets.
- Support the management of donor records and other development materials.
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising events and activities.
- Assist with mailings and special projects.
- Assist in preparing donation and/or grant proposal requests, reports and presentations.
- Draft donor communications.
- Donor thank you calls.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision and take initiative on projects.
- Ability to work with a positive attitude.
- High level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- 15 hours per week (June – August 2020)
- Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm, Friday 8 am to 12 pm
- A stipend of $10/hr will be offered.
To apply, please submit the following to Erica Campbell, Executive Director, by email at email@example.com
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations