Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear Foundation is looking to add a Development Intern for the Pinky Swear Foundation for the Summer of 2019.The Development Intern will work directly with the Director of Development. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting research on donors and helping maintain database records. You will also assist with the planning and execution of major fundraising events and activities as well as assist with special projects as needed.
- Conducting research on potential donors, corporate donors, strategic partners, sponsors, and markets
- Maintaining donor and grant databases and files, including calendaring deadlines, logging donations, generating and sending donor acknowledgements, logging donor appreciation efforts
- Support the management of donor records and other development materials
- Assist with the planning and execution of major fundraising events and activities
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Assist in preparing donation and/or grant proposal requests, reports and presentations
- Draft donor communications
- Send thank yous, receipts and other donor notes
- Assist with special projects as needed
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to be well-organized and attentive to detail.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasks with little direct supervision and take initiative on projects.
- Ability to work well and with a positive attitude.
- High level of computer proficiency required. Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- 15 hours per week (June – August 2019)
- Office Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 5 pm, Friday 8 am to 12 pm
- A stipend of $10/hr will be offered.
To apply, please submit the following to Alison Roberts, Director of Development, by email at email@example.com
- A cover letter addressing how you fulfill the desired qualifications for the position and how this position will support your academic and professional aspirations