Charles M. Harper Youth Leadership Council
A group of young leaders who are the premier peer-to-peer ambassadors of the Pinky Swear mission.
The Pinky Swear Foundation Charles M. Harper Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is a group of ambitious and engaged youth striving to be KEEPERS of the Pinky Swear to help kids with cancer and their families with emotional and financial support. This active, social group of young people helps build awareness with their peers, increase fundraising in their region, and spread a national movement by serving as:
- Ambassadors of and for the Pinky Swear mission and story
- Advisors providing recruiting, leading and mentoring for young athletes and fundraisers
- Entrepreneurs identifying new opportunities for youth to be involved with Pinky Swear
- Changemakers developing the next generation of the Youth Leadership Council
Why Join the Youth Leadership Council
- Learn from leaders in your community including business executives, athletes, and other distinguished influencers
- Grow your skills through setting goals, fundraising, public speaking, and being an example to your friends and family
Apply by completing the PDF application below, and returning to Pinky Swear Foundation's Student Leadership Manager, Frankie Behr at email@example.com.
NEW Youth Leadership Scholarship Now Accepting Applications!
Pinky Swear Foundation has an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families with financial and emotional support. The foundation has always been centered around “kids helping kids” and honoring youth who support the original pinky swear promise. Pinky Swear will be awarding individuals scholarships, up to $1,500, to recognize their efforts. The goal of the scholarship is to celebrate talented young leaders who have strived to support children battling cancer.
Who is eligible:
Ages 8-21 and must be active in the Pinky Swear Youth Leadership Council (YLC) or been an active Pinky Swear Foundation Youth Volunteer for the past 6 months.
Criteria for award determination:
- Leadership – Attending YLC Meetings and being an active member while in attendance. Leadership is also defined as supporting kids battling cancer by attending Pinky Swear events and being an advocate for the organization.
- Dollars fundraised – Personal fundraising campaigns.
- Connection to childhood cancer – Showing an understanding of how cancer affects a child and family.